Hawaii Marriage License Information
Both getting married in Hawaii & obtaining a marriage license are very simple!
The steps to apply for and obtain a marriage license in the state of Hawaii are very easy. To start, you can apply for the license online. The license is valid on all Hawaiian Islands, so if you pick it up on Maui, you can still use it on Big Island.
Most people will complete their marriage license application online. The online application is valid up to one year. The paper license in hand is only valid 30 days. You won't receive that until you get to Hawaii and meet with a marriage licensing agent in person.
Here at Kona Wedding Officiant, we'll assist you with this process by making your marriage licensing appointment for you nearest to your vacation rental (or home) before your wedding. Once you complete the application online, we will gather the information we need from you to make these arrangements.
Steps For Completing Your Hawaii Marriage License
1. Just visit MARRIAGE LICENSE APPLICATION to complete your application online. The cost is $65 payable online. This application is valid online for up to one year from your issue date (the date you filled out the application).
Info for your Marriage License Application
Marriage Performer's Name: DiMichele, Deanna Higgs
Location: (can be changed later): Your Preferred Beach
City/State: (can be changed later): Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
2. When you receive your Locator ID from your Marriage License Application. Kona Wedding Officiant will send you a Reservations Form to note your referred time and date to pick up your Marriage License.
3. Deanna of Kona Wedding Officiant will make your Marriage License Appointment for you nearest to your vacation rental or home.
4. A few days before your wedding and you and your partner will need to appear in person to meet with the marriage licensing agent with a valid government issued photo ID (and if you've been divorced in the past 30 days, your divorce decree) to finalize the paperwork and receive the license in hand.
5. You will bring this license to your wedding, we will all sign it together, and then Deanna of Kona Wedding Officiant will file it after your wedding. It will be available to you online within 3 business days and mailed within 6 weeks.