So you think you might want to have an Adventure Elopement in Waipio Valley? I think that sounds incredible! I am the right Officiant for you and I say, "Let's do it!" Before you, quite literally take the plunge, here's some things you might want to consider.
1. Waipio Valley is gorgeous. Yes, it is. To access the valley, a very steep one mile descent is required, whether that be via your feet, a 4WD vehicle you own or have rented, or a ride you have taken from us or someone else. If you are not an experienced Hawaii driver I recommend hiking or getting a ride.
2. After you get down the incredibly steep 1 mile road, you must travel out to the actual valley through a mucky, usually wet dirt/mud road. It is short, so don't let this deter you - the hike is wonderful exercise.
3. They valley consists of a beautiful black sand beach separated by a river running out to sea and another beautiful black sand beach on the other side. The only way to get to the other black sand beach is in fact to cross the river.
4. The first beach is very crowded on weekends because local people, and tourists alike, enjoy the area. I recommend early mornings for best crowds and best weather.
5. There is no true sunset at this location because it is on the northeast side of the island and the sun sets in West Hawaii. You will get a killer sunrise over here.
6. It rains here all the time. If you want a wedding here, you should plan to be dirty, or wet, or both. If you aren't wet (like Lucy and Arthur, well, they chose to get wet), you are lucky. Having said that, people spending many beautiful sunny days in the valley. Luck of the draw!
7. Part of being adventurous is being open to adventure. Adventure means embracing the element of surprise. If that isn't you, an Adventure Elopement might not be your thing.
8. An Adventure Elopement also means an Elopement memory of a lifetime - with the photographs to prove it! Not only did you elope in Hawaii, you eloped in one of the most gorgeous places on Earth. Now that is something to write home about!
9. I recommend Adventure Attire. Some couples like to go full on Wedding Attire. That's your call. With Adventure Attire, getting wet and dirty is part of the plan. You can also move around easily. With Wedding Attire, you want to be a bit more careful and mobility can be challenging. If it is hot or humid, you may also be uncomfortable. If you value photographs over experience, choose Wedding Attire. If you value experience over photographs, choose Adventure Attire. If you value both, find something in between. Some couples hike in their clothes and change in the valley, but remember, you must carry whatever you bring!
Here's two different weddings you can check out. Christine and Danny chose Adventure Attire. (Pololu Valley - shorter hike) https://www.konaweddingofficiant.com/post/christine-danny-s-pololu-valley-wedding-a-hawaii-adventure-wedding
Jennifer & Jonathan chose Wedding Attire and hiked their clothing into the Waipio Valley - https://www.konaweddingofficiant.com/post/jenn-jonathan-s-waipio-valley-adventure-elopement
10. Always have a change of dry clothes back at the car to enjoy after your wedding celebration!
Kona Wedding Officiant plans intimate beach weddings along the Kona Coast at many beautiful beach locations. To learn more about planning your perfect wedding day in Hawaii, visit http://www.konaweddingofficiant.com
Aloha for now ~ Deanna, Licensed Minister, Kona Wedding Officiant
Connect with me anytime to plan your dream destination wedding at Kona Wedding Officiant, firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-209-6275
#waipio #waipiovalley #pololuvaley #adventureelopement #adventurewedding #adventure #adventuretime #adventureelopement #adventureweddinghawaii #waipiowedding #waipiovalleywedding #waipioelopement #elopewaipio #pololuvalleyelopement #elopementbigisland #bigislandelopement #elopehawaii #hawaiiadventure #elope #elopement #elopeinhawaii #waipioelopement
Photography provided by Gerald Besson Photography.